Okay guys, one more thing, this summer when you’re being inundated with all this American bicentennial Fourth Of July brouhaha, don’t forget what you’re celebrating, and that’s the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn’t want to pay their taxes.
(Plus: Lauryn Hill cheats, Tyler Perry’s sci-fi movie, Erin Andrews leaving ESPN, cats, catwoman, Magic Mike’s appeal & more)
More oh-god-it’s-almost-5-o’clock links:
• Dan Savage goes on the attack against GOProud in reaction to the group’s Romney endorsement. “What kind of fa**ot supports a politician who would do him harm? Oh, right: the same kind of fa**ot who would harm himself with drugs or alcohol or sex,” he blogged. Earlier, he had tweeted, “The GOP’s house fa**ots grab their ankles, right on cue. Pathetic.” [The Daily What]
• Magic Mike is gonna be really, really popular with the fairer sex. [Black Book]
• Nickelodeon buried a time capsule in 1992. Here’s what’s inside: [Warming Glow]
• We’re drooling over this gallery of Singapore’s gardens: [Environmental Graffiti]
• Biden rips Romney a new one for his outsourcing record at Bain Capital. [TPM]
And even more Web Goodness here.